embracing life

Another perspective on life, worldviews, and God - and how they all fit together in everyday experience. Simple stuff.

By Steve

I had to get a haircut today.

I woke up this morning and didn't like what I saw. Long, graying hair and appearing somewhat feathered is not who I want to be. There is this look that pastors my stereotypical pastor has and I was beginning to fit the type. And it wasn't just the hair.

I went to bed feeling things. Things I don't ever want to feel. I know many pastors who get very depressed Sunday afternoon if they didn't speak well, if attendance was low and if offerings were small. I felt that a little. I had what I thought was a good speaking idea but am not sure if I communicated it well. And 20 in attendance with a whopping $6 offering is sure to be an all time low.

So I had to get a haircut. Break the stereotype. And not just the hair. And I'm not depressed. But if you'd like, please feel free to pray for me and the others of Citywalk, because $25 and 20 minutes and I can change my hair, but other things are not so easy to control.

1 Comment

Ah, I love those Sundays. No better feeling than to wake up and wonder what you're doing.

But the good news, as you know, is that those weeks are soon followed by ones that are inexplicably wonderful. Sunshine always follows the rain.

Hang in there, man. Hope the hair looks good . . .

Post a Comment