embracing life

Another perspective on life, worldviews, and God - and how they all fit together in everyday experience. Simple stuff.

Endorsements

By Steve

I have decided to stay quiet about how I'm voting. I'll be happy to talk theoretically and even share my opinion...but telling people how I'm going to vote doesn't seem wise. This election is "so important" people say, and it is. It is equally polarizing. Consider prop 8. Will I vote to support same sex marriage or not? Well shouldn't that be a no brainer since I'm a Christian and a pastor at that? Well yes and no. And I might just tell you how I'll vote on prop 8 if you ask, but only after some explanation, and certainly not in print.

While I can't come out publicly and say who/what I'm supporting, I can say this. I don't support the way both sides of prop 8 have handled themselves. Nor do I support the way both presidential candidates are concluding their campaigns. And I don't support the arguments and what seems to have become mean spirited fighting between families and friends and neighbors and churches and business people and sign wavers on the street corners and rallys held at big auditoriums over the difference of opinion on all of the issues and candidates.

And I have something else I'd like to say about this election, but I'll do it tomorrow.

No Comment

Post a Comment